Sunday, April 26, 2015

Some new paintings.

Between all my class work and other stuff going on in my life, I still try and do a lot of personal work. I've got some new paintings which are still in their early stages. Both are atmospheric landscapes similar to the rest of my work. Quintessential me. 

This is a quick color sketch of an idea that I've been thinking about recently. I was going for a fairly limited pallet here. This one was done digitally and I may eventually make it a finish piece once I get some more  time on my hands. 


This is an oil painting I would say is about half way done. Its on a 20x24 canvas. This one was inspired by Caspar David Friedrich since I love his work. He does mostly dark, sublime scenes of ruins in nature. Everything is basically there I just need to add greater detail and adjust some of the perspective a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment